Being a bit new to this we had to find our feet with all the van systems and how we cope within a small (ish) confined space.
Just before we left we discovered the previous owner had had fitted two new 110 amp batteries at 260 euro each and they were not performing. Stick them on charge overnight and they would just about power 5 lights for 4 hours!! I then discovered they were glass mat construction and they needed a totally different voltage to charge fully, resulting in them only ever being charged to about 5%. Three new lead acid batteries ordered and fitted and everything is functioning as it should.
The first 6 days was lovely, warm and shorts and tees the clothes of choice. Then the weather turned; cold, windy and quite unpleasant. But this turned out to be a blessing in disguise, we discovered the the integrity of the van had a few flaws… with cold air rushing in from various points! Something we didn’t need when the aim is to disappear during the winter months. When looking over the top of the fridge you could see daylight shining through, the vent in the bathroom ceiling did not seal, and the hob extractor was an open 70mm tube with no shutter!!! Seals and shutters now fitted.
The next thing was a slight rumble on the near side wheel bearing so this had to be booked in for a replacement when we got home.